Togus Expanded Parking Lots & New Heli Pad
Work consisted of replacing the KC-135 taxiway between the hangar and the flight
line for Maine Air National Guard 101st Refueling Wing, known as the Maineiacs.
This included the construction of a helicopter pad and installation of four new
retention ponds for storm water runoff, under-drain and riprap. Additionally, five
new parking areas were constructed including 2,000 linear ft. of concrete sidewalks,
curbs and handicap parking spaces. A supplemental contract was added for
loaming and seeding of the areas surrounding the parking lots and helipad plus
planting in the retention ponds.
- Loamed and seeded 12,000 sq. ft.
- 8,900 cubic yards of excavation
- 3,000 linear ft. of 6″ under drain
- 9,000 cubic yards of gravel
- Excavation and backfill for conduit and light pole bases
- New sidewalks and curbing was installed by Dirigo Slipform
- Storm Drain Retention Ponds
- Planted 100 shrubs and trees
Lander Group received an outstanding performance on this project. Due to environmental concerns the project was initially delayed. Despite this set-back all concerns were addressed and through creative solutions we were able to complete