Hospice Nursing Unit Conversion
This was a complete renovation to convert the previous Nursing Care Unit at the Togus VAMC into a hospice facility. The 8,000 sq.ft. space was totally gutted and reconfigured to include individual patient rooms and bathrooms, a patient lift system, a chapel with stained glass and a sunrise deck with gazebo.
- Complete demolition including: mechanical, electrical, fire
protection and architectural aspects
- Mechanical systems upgrade including: plumbing, HVAC ducts,
pumps, air separators, expansion tanks etc.
- Electrical systems reconfiguration including: wiring, devices,
panels, lighting, nurse call and other communication systems,
video surveillance and fire alarms
- New wet-pipe sprinkler system
- New partitions, casework, ceilings, flooring and wall protection
- Construction of accessible ramp and integrated cedar-frame
gazebo including assoc. site work
Company: Lander Group, LLC
Owner: Department of Veterans Affairs
Location: Togus VA Medical Center, Augusta, ME